DLD Lawyers represents employers in all areas of employment law, including federal EEOC and state FCHR administrative law forums, class action litigation, as well as trials and appeals in federal and state courts.
Members of the firm assist Florida employers in maintaining compliance with a full range of state and federal laws, including:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992
- Title VII discrimination claims relating to race, color, religion, sex and national origin
DLD Lawyers routinely represents clients in disputes and claims handled by administrative agencies as listed below.
- Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR)
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Florida Public Employees Relations Commission
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
The most common types of complaints defended by DLD Lawyers are outlined below.
- Breach of employment contract claims
- Civil rights deprivation in public sector employment
- Drug, alcohol and medical Testing
- Hiring and performance management
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Non-compete agreements
- Trade secrets protection
- Wage and hour
- Whistleblower claims (public and private)
- Wrongful termination
When a sensitive employment law matter emerges, DLD Lawyers is ready to conduct a thorough, confidential investigation to help employers and their insurers assess the claims, evaluate the exposure, and outline recommended courses of action.
The firm works with insurance carriers and their insureds when a claim is subject to coverage by an employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) policy.
While many employers in Florida maintain a non-union workforce, the presence of unions remains a factor in industries like construction, manufacturing, healthcare, and services.
DLD Lawyers is experienced in labor relations matters such as collective bargaining actions, unfair labor practices, maintaining a union-free environment, and managing labor disputes.